The balcony is responsible for connecting the inside of a house, business premises or apartment with the outside. Covered or not, some say it’s the best corner of the home. Now imagine a wooden balcony, there is nothing better! The projects of these spaces can follow any model and best be decorated according to the taste of each one, without going overboard or losing harmony.
Discover all types of wood and compositions to build or build Design your balcony. To help you, we have selected some inspiration from rustic wooden balconys, wood with elegant finishes, wooden balcony with glass and other models. Also, find out about the pros and cons of having that much-dreamed-of space in your home.
Do it yourself, design it or decorate your own wooden balcony from these dozens of inspirations below. Whether with glass or with other materials and finishes to complement it, wood is responsible for promoting all the comfort and beauty of the look of this pleasant and beautiful space.
Pros and cons of a wooden porch
Wood could be synonymous with coziness. “Wood floors bring thermal comfort. I really like using it when there are kids in the house because they can play on the floor. Wood is aesthetically neutral and “talks” to almost all surfaces,” says the architect. Although wood is a beautiful material, she adds that wood is more prone to scratches and stains, which is why every care is needed. We recommend using solid wood for open verandas and woods such as MDF for closed verandas. Check out more pros and cons of this material:
- thermal insulation: Wood has a cozy aspect as it is a material that keeps a comfortable temperature. Because of this, it is always comfortable to walk barefoot without getting too hot or too cold.
- soundproofing: Just like the thermal insulation, the material prevents sounds from bouncing off the surface, making this outdoor space more comfortable.
- Visually: wood retains its natural characteristics, even if it is treated with demanding paints. “Natural wood changes color over time. There may be differences in sound from the very beginning of the installation. But I consider that a quality for the environment because it becomes more natural.
- Exposure to sun, rain and wind: depending on the wood used, it becomes sensitive to the weather and requires constant care, for example to reapply the varnish that gives the material a longer lifespan.
- pests: Termites and other insects will be their enemies. To prevent them from damaging the wood, it is advisable to use products that repel insects and to verify the origin of the wood.
- High costs: Despite an incredible result, the choice of wood flooring can be higher because of its handling.
After following us through dozens of inspirations up to here and then knowing the pros and cons of a wooden balcony, you are probably thinking of one of those wonderful corners where you can relax and enjoy the scenery. Wood, despite its flaws (like any other material), provides all the warmth and comfort that this space needs to be perfect. Design and decorate a porch with beautiful furniture, ornaments and plants just like you!